We are pleased to announce that the Phuket International Rugby 10s will go ahead this year. With the Thai government announcing that from October 1st 2021 the country will open up to tourism without restrictions and we will get a full 3 days of social rugby in and continue our long tradition of being one of the premier social rugby tournaments in the region.
The Men’s Open Tournament will be 16 teams competing in 4 groups of 4 teams with a round robin stage of 3 games per team on Saturday 10th June with a minimum of 2 games per team during the knockout stages on Sunday 11th June.
The Ladies Open will be 8 teams competing in 2 groups of 4 teams with a round robin stage of 3 games per team on Saturday 10th June with a minimum of 2 games during the knockout stages on Sunday 11th June.
With teams from around the world competing for honours in all categories this promises to be one of the most competitive tournaments in our long history. With Covid 19 having devastated economies around the world its especially important that we support the Asia Center Foundation, who have continued to support underprivileged communities throughout, even more along with the local economy.
The Athena Siam Coffin Dodgers vets kicks off the tournament on Friday 9th June. With teams from Australia, Arabian Gulf, Brunei, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Africa & Thailand it promises to be an action packed weekend at one of Asia’s premier social rugby events. With 16 teams in the Open tournament, 12 teams in the vets tournament & 6 teams in the over 45s along with an expanded Ladies rugby competition rivalry will be fierce on & off the pitch
The groupings and draw will be up on www.macoocoo.com once all entries are in and will be up-dated game by game as the weekend progresses & on the facebook page www.facebook.com/PhuketInternationalRugby10s
- Coffin Dodgers & O 45s Vets games will be 2 x 8 minutes with a 2 minute break. Uncontested scrums unless both teams agree to contested.
- Over 45s Uncontested scrums. No kicking outside the 22. 20 meter running rule in effect. Anyone wearing oldies coloured shorts cannot be tackled only touched and said person must then pass the ball.
- Mens & Womens Open Tournament one x 14 minutes. Normal rugby 10s rules apply. See attached document.
- Water & Electrolyte powders will be at the ground. Please keep the pitch and stand areas clear of rubbish.
- The stand, changing rooms and pitch areas are all NON smoking areas. A Bar & Food area will be set up at the back of the stand where you will be able to smoke, have a burger and drink a cold beer.
The ACF who we raise funds for over the weekend will have their tent set up and staff to tell teams and individuals how their sponsored child is doing in School
Teams who are not aware of what the scholarship program is all about or wish to donate can find out more on www.asiacenterfoundation.org or mail Roelien Muller direct on firstname.lastname@example.org. The staff will be taking donations at their tent all weekend so please help make a difference and give a child an opportunity for a future.
On Sunday afternoon the scholarship kids will be at the ground so make them feel welcome and they will be performing a short show on the field before the finals begin.
- Thursday 8th June. The Athena Siam Coffin Dodgers Meet, Greet & Registration at the Aussie Bar on Soi Bangla. 19.30Hrs
- Friday 9th June. The Aussie Bar on Soi Bangla. Aussie Bar Phuket International Rugby 10s Tournament Meet, Greet & Registration at 19.30 Hrs
- Saturday 10th June. The Tour Virgin Beauty Pageant at Taipan. 20.30 Hrs
- All social functions are open to all teams so please join the fun
The Phuket international Hospital will have medics at the pitch to take care of basic injuries. More serious injuries that need to be taken care of will be assisted by ambulance to the Hospital. For these cases please make sure that your team members are insured to cover costs. If your in need of insurance let us know as we have a company who will supply rugby coverage.
Medical Insurance at the Phuket Rugby 10s. Please make sure that you have adequate insurance that covers sports injuries. If you dont have it we are putting together a couple of short term options that will cover you for the weekend. These will be sent out shortly once they are finalised.
The venue is Thanyapura Sports Club http://www.thanyapura.com/contact/. The address and map can be found there. Its about a 30-40 drive from Patong so make sure you give your team ample time to arrive for a warm up before your scheduled kick off.
This years shirts are in the design stage. Price is Pre Order T-Shirts & Singlets 400 Baht. They will be 450 at the ground so get the pre orders in. We only have a limited number which sell out quickly so be sure to get yours by pre ordering NOW!